F.A.Q. Regular wine cellars
All the answers to your questions
When the Vinotag® application is open, the following menu is visible at the bottom of your screen :
- MY CELLAR : this tab allows to view your wine cellar(s). The cellar can be viewed in list mode or in graphic mode. The setting mode is accessible via the icon located at the top right of your screen.
- MY WINES : this tab allows you to consult your wine library, i.e. all the past, present and future wines that you have scanned.
- ALERTS : this tab allows you to view all related alerts to your cellar. If you have several cellars registered, you can filter the alerts by cellar by clicking on the top right of your screen.
- PROFILE : allows you to complete and view the information related to your account. You have access to your cellars (add, delete, configure), your invitations, the PREMIUM option, the contact form and all our general conditions.
Open the Vinotag® application and go to the “Profile” tab at the bottom right of the screen. Click on “MY WINE WORKS” and add a wine cellar. You can directly type the reference of the cellar you want to add. The Vinotag® application is compatible with the majority of Avintage, Climadiff, Le Cellier, Temptech and La Sommelière cellars (including the ECELLAR185 connected cellar).
As soon as it is created, you can modify it to have a different configuration than the default one. You can always configure it later.
You can switch from one cellar to another via the drop-down menu that appears when you click on the name of your cellar in the top left-hand corner of your screen on the “CELLARS” tab.
If your cellar is empty, you will not be able to view it ; it is necessary to add bottles to access your cellar view.
The cellar can be viewed in list mode or in graphic mode. The setting mode is reachable via the icon located at the top right of your screen.
If you have more than one cellar, you can switch from one cellar to another via the drop-down menu that appears when you click on the name of your cellar at the top left of your screen.
- I don’t quite understand the graphic view of my cellar.
The size of the dots is an indication of the location of your bottles. Small dots mean your bottle is located on the back of the rack, i.e., towards the bottom of the cellar. Conversely, a large dot means your bottle is located at the front of the rack, i.e. on the door side.
- Red sticker : indicates a red wine and the number of red wine bottles
- Yellow sticker : indicates a white wine and the number of white wine bottles
- Pink dot : indicates a rosé wine and the number of rosé bottles
Thus, in the example below:
- Two white wines are located at the back of rack 3, on the first level ;
- Your bottle of rosé is also at the back of rack 3 but at the superimposed level, that is to say on your two white wines ;
- Your bottle of red wine, between your white wines is located at the front of shelf 6, on the first level.
Warning : by default, the first bottle at the back of the rack on the left is the closest bottle to the left wall.
- If you have a cellar with shelves called “telescopic shelves with lateral storage”, it means the position of your bottles is lateral and allows you to see the labels of your bottles. The bottles are therefore placed in your physical cellar on the right and left of the rack and not on the front and back as on a basic rack.
On your graphic view, the first bottle at the back of the rack on the far left corresponds to the closest bottle to the bottom of your cellar, head to the right. The large dots will always represent your left bottles and the small dots your right bottles.
Open the Vinotag® application and add a bottle by clicking on the “+” icon located at the bottom right of your screen. Follow the procedure to add a bottle and take a picture of the label of your bottle. You will then have access to a pre-filled wine file from the Vivino® database. Customize your wine card or use it as is. Place your bottle(s) directly in your physical cellar and then transfer its location to your virtual cellar using its model.
You can also add a bottle from your wine list or from your wine library. Select the desired wine in your list, and click on “ADD ONE OR MORE BOTTLES”.
Choose the cellar in which you add the bottle (if you have several cellars), the quantity of bottles and validate. You will be offered free spaces.
You can either search from the list of wines in a cellar or from your wine library (i.e. from all your cellars).
- To search from your cellar, open the Vinotag® application and select the bottle you are looking for from the list of your digital cellar or search with the research bar by selecting the cellar you are searching in.
Click on the bottle of your choice and then on “POSITION IN THE CELLAR”. You will be taken to the graphic representation of your cellar, and the bottle you are looking for is indicated by a colored dot to show its location.
If you wish to consume this bottle, click on “I CONSUMED THIS BOTTLE”.
You arrive on the graphic representation of your cellar. The bottle(s) of this wine are indicated by a highlighted dot. Select the bottle you wish to remove.
- To search from your wine library, open the Vinotag® application and select the bottle you are looking for from the list of your wine library, click on the bottle of your choice and then on “SEE MY BOTTLES”. You have then a list by cellar (if you have several) with the information on which shelf this bottle is positioned.
Choose the bottle you wish to consume. You can directly remove your bottle by clicking on “I CONSUMED THIS BOTTLE” and/or check its location by clicking on “POSITION IN THE CELLAR” to view the location of your wine in the modeling function.
Open the Vinotag® application and add a bottle by clicking on the “+” icon located at the bottom right of your screen. Follow the procedure to add a bottle and take a picture of the label of your bottle. You will then have access to a pre-filled wine file from the Vivino® database. Customize your wine card or use it as is. Or add a bottle from your wine list or wine library, by selecting the desired bottle, and clicking “ADD ONE OR MORE BOTTLES”.
You will be taken to the schematic view of your cellar. A white dot will show you the available locations suitable for the aging of your wine. Click on the dot to indicate that this is the location of your bottle and place it in your physical cellar at the location you have just validated.
Open the Vinotag® application and go to the “Profile” tab at the bottom right of the screen. Click on “MY CELLARS” and select the cellar you want to share then click on “Share my cellar”.
Click on “Create a code” to generate an invitation code. This invitation code gives access to your digital wine cellar once it has been shared with the people you want. Forward it easily thanks to the “Send” icon located next to the code.
Once transmitted, your guest will receive an email, sms or other (depending on your sending method), inviting him/her to create a Vinotag® account or to connect to view and consult the content of your cellar.
You have just been invited to join a Vinotag® digital wine cellar.
- Download the application and create a Vinotag® account. When you first log in, the home page will ask you to create a wine cellar or to join one. Click on “Join a cellar” and enter the invitation code you received. You now have access to a shared wine cellar. Check its contents in the “MY CELLAR” section.
- If you already have a Vinotag® account, open the application and go to the “Profile” tab at the bottom right of the screen. Click on “ENTER INVITATION CODE”. Fill in the code you received and click on “Join”. You now have access to a shared wine cellar. Consult its contents in the “MY CELLAR” section.
You can click on “Leave this cellar” at any time to stop viewing its contents.
It is possible, especially when you share your cellar with other people with different types of phones (IOS/ANDROID) that you do not see the changes made by the people who have access to your digital cellar. If you cannot see the changes made by other people who have access to your cellar, close and reopen the application ; the update is made every time you launch the application.
Open the Vinotag® application and go to the “Profile” tab at the bottom right of the screen. Click on “MY CELLARS” and select the cellar for which you want to delete a shared access. Once you have selected the cellar, click on “Share my cellar” and you will have access to the list of people who already have access to your cellar. From this list, simply click on the “bin” icon located on the right of your screen, next to each email address to delete a share.
Your bottles can only be moved from the model.
Open the Vinotag® application and select the bottle you are looking for from your digital cellar. From the model, click directly on the shelf where the bottle to be moved is located. You will access level 1 and 2 as well as the front and back of the rack. Long press on the bottle to be moved. Click on “MOVE BOTTLE”. You can now move it to an available location on the same rack or to another level by clicking on the top left to return to the general view. Select the desired shelf and place your bottle.
Be careful, don’t forget to physically move your bottle at the risk of distorting the modeling of your physical cellar.
When your cellar is created, it already has a factory configuration. You can modify this configuration as soon as the cellar is created, or later, as you use it. Open the Vinotag® application and go to the cellar you wish to modify. Click on the settings icon in the top right-hand corner, then on the “information” button. Once you’re on your cellar page, click on “Racks” to configure your cellar’s racks. From here, you can delete existing racks or add additional racks from the list of racks compatible with your cellar, if space is available. To move an entire rack and its bottles, press and hold the three horizontal bars to the right of the rack you wish to move. Then drag it to the desired location. The application will ask you to confirm the move of the rack and its bottles. The bottles will remain exactly where they are. If you choose to move only the rack, the bottles will automatically be placed in the storage area.
- It is only possible to manage 2 levels per rack. If you stack on more than 2 levels, the application cannot manage it. You need to create an additional rack to add levels.
- You cannot move one rack directly in place of another. The level must have no rack. If you wish to place one rack in place of another, you must first free the level from its original rack.
- From the list of wines in your cellar
Choose the wine record you wish to modify, and click either on “Bottle details” to modify the purchase price or add a comment, or click below on “Wine details” to access the wine record and modify its content.
- From my wine library
Select the record you want to modify and click on “wine details” to access the wine record and modify its content.
I don’t have any more scans, how can I get my forms pre-filled with VIVINO®?
Vinotag® allows you to take a picture of your bottle’s label in order to create its wine file. This one can be filled manually with “TAKE A FREE PHOTO” or be pre-filled thanks to our exclusive partnership with VIVINO®. When you register, 50 “scans” are offered to you, so you get 50 pre-filled cards. Once the 50 scans have been used, you can always acquire new ones by becoming Premium.
Open the Vinotag® application and go to the PROFILE tab. In order to benefit from more scans, click on “I BECOME PREMIUM” and then on “CHOOSE A PREMIUM OPTION”. Then choose the number of scans you need.
Please note that this option is not free.
Vinotag® allows you to take a picture of your bottle’s label in order to create its wine file. This one can be filled manually with “TAKE A FREE PHOTO” or be pre-filled thanks to our exclusive partnership with VIVINO®. When you register, 50 “scans” are offered to you, so you get 50 pre-filled cards. Once the 50 scans are used, you can always acquire new ones by becoming Premium.
Open the Vinotag® application and go to the PROFILE tab. In order to benefit from more scans, click on “I WILL BECOME PREMIUM” then on “CHOOSE A PREMIUM OPTION”. Then choose the number of scans you need.
Please note that this option is not free.
Vinotag® alerts can be of different types:
- Technical alerts : these alerts indicate a technical problem or an action carried out in the cellar : bottle consumed ; bottle added ; cellar created ; cellar joined ; user X has joined your cellar… In the case of a technical problem, contact an authorized technician. The alerts are presented in the form of a list indicating the type of alert, the date, the time, the number of the rack concerned and the name of the cellar concerned.
- Filter change alert : If your cellar is equipped with a carbon filter, the application alerts when it is necessary to change the filter. The filter change date is automatically set when you register a new cellar. Please note that when you change the filter in your cellar, do not forget to enter this action in the application from the “profile” space, “my cellars” and to click on the “Filter changed” button of the cellar you have selected, so that the counter resets to the current date (by default, a filter change must be done every year).
- Stock alerts : you have the possibility to program stock alerts on a specific wine and according to a defined quantity.
To program a stock alert, open the Vinotag® application and select the wine on which you want to program an alert. Once you are on your wine’s file, you can click on “MODIFY ALERT”. Then indicate from how many bottles left you want to receive this alert by clicking on “+” or “-” in the window that opened. Validate.
From now on, the application will alert your wine is about to run out.
- Peak date alert : you have the possibility to program peak date alerts on a specific wine and according to the guards you have entered.
When adding a bottle to your cellar, you create a wine card. This wine card (filled manually or pre-filled thanks to the Vivino scan) is customizable. You can therefore decide on the minimum and maximum storage time for each of your wines. When you enter these storage times, you automatically program an alert. The Vinotag® application will inform you as soon as your wine exceeds its minimum ageing time to warn you that it can now be consumed. You will also receive a notification if, on the contrary, your wine has exceeded its maximum storage time.
If your wine file has already been created, you can always modify it by clicking on the icon to indicate the storage time for your wine.
Attention, to receive this alert, the storage time must be greater than zero (0), otherwise no alert will be sent. The year of the wine must also be indicated on the file.
You can delete your Vinotag account at any time. To permanently delete your account, go to the tab “Profile” > “Modify my information” > “Delete my account”. Please note that the cancelation of your account is irrevocable and all your data will be permanently deleted.
The Vinotag application is not suitable for managing a natural cellar or other wine storage.
The application requires the creation of a digital version of your physical cellar and cannot be used for any purpose other than the one clearly defined.
No, the Vinotag application is exclusive to the Avintage, Climadiff, La Sommelière, Temptech, Le Cellier, Vinostyle & Provintech brands. Please refer to the list of compatible wine cellars: https://vinotag-app.com/index.php/caves-comptatibles-vinotag/. Any other brand of wine cellar cannot be managed with the Vinotag application.